Saturday, December 22, 2007

Acting

I guess it was last month...towards the end of November...that I started thinking about my choice of career. I mean, I love the thought of Psychology and it'd be awesome to do it and everything...I mean, just the studying sounds exciting to me, but there's this nagging little voice in the back of my head that keeps saying 'You want to be in a movie'. I mean, sure, I suppose every child wants to be famous when they're young...and some of them even make it onto the big screen...but I never was cut out for it.

The one time I was in a professional play (if you can call a church performance 'professional') was when I was 7 (I think...) and I couldn't sing during the whole damn thing because I had a cold. I was standing there on the stage, flapping my arms along to the movements I'd learned and hackign my brains out every five seconds while my partner was trying to sing...I finished the play, sure (I -unfortunately- still have the videotape from that night...horrible memory, really...), but It was really bad acting.

Then, another performance was when I was 11 and in the 6th grade. Instead of assigning oral reports, our language arts teacher decided to have a play instead. I didn't hack this time -thank GOD-, but I couldn't laugh and fall out of my chair...I was too embarassed. But I did end up having to sign karaoke in front of the entire 6th grade...mortifying. Seriously, I can't sing and I don't know why people insist on telling me that I can...I recored songs sometimes, and I sound awful on every one of them...

But anyway, back to the point...

I do love acting. It's fun, you can be someone you're not, you get to wear awesome costumes, and best of all: you meet a lot of amazing people. I mean...I watch the extras of DVDs all the time, and on most of them, there's a section called 'Behind the Scenes of so and so'. I watch them all and hear how people talk about their time on set and see what happens in the camera down-time...and I'm amazed. It all looks so fun and cool and family-like.

I have a huge family and I absolutely love it. I love my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, in-laws...everyone. I love the get-togethers, the holidays, the stories, jokes, the all-around good times we all have together. And being on set with a bunch of people you have to work with...that's like one huge, everlasting family get-together to me. I mean, really. You get to work with the people you hang out with. What could be better?

And, I confess, there are celebrities I'd love to work with...Jared Leto, Bruce Willis, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steven Strait, Kelly Preston, Juliette Binoche, Judi Dench...all amazing actors and actresses and I'd love the experience of working with them. I guess I'd just have to start acting somewhere and get discovered. Right...I'll tell you if anything like that comes up, shall I?

-.-'

--Cassy