Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm bored, no one's on, so I'll post!

Yea...the title really says it all. Haha.

The only real news I have right now is that my mom bought me an mp3 player on Sunday...2 GB. Pretty nice. And because of that, I updated my music...Downloaded a tooooon of music from www.playlist.com and put everything into nice little folders and things so it's all ready for me to put onto the mp3 player. I swear, it took me the longest time ever to get all of those files...I had like 7 different CDs, then I downloaded 6 more, named a million nameless songs, etc., etc...

But now everything is really nice and orderly and neat. xDD

So I'm happy about that. Let's see, other news...Well, for the first time in my 16-year-old life I wore shirts voluntarily...For the past three days, actually. I think I'll wear them tomorrow, too. I just hope it'll be nice weather, because we're going on a field trip to a Monestary in the woods...Might get a bit cold.

My ear has been hurting me lately, too...My piercing, I mean. I think it might be infected again...I'll have to pop it soon. Sounds disgusting, is disgusting and I just ate, so I'll spare you all the gory details.

Oh! Big news: My computer is ACTUALLY my computer now. We just have to get a different wireless internet for it and it'll be set up in my room. Awesome much? I'll still be switching to a laptop sometime later...Practical. I can't take the desktop onto my bed, anyway ^.-

Actually, I probably could, but it'd be very annoying...haha. I just wonder if I'm getting the wireless keyboard and mouse, too. And the speakers...I know I'm not getting the scanner, thank God, I wouldn't have room for it...haha.

Mom and Dad are leaving for Spain on the 25th and I'll be staying with my friend, Anja, for that week...Only, not on Sunday, Monday or Friday. Sunday is superficial, I can stay home that night because it's too much work to bring my things to her house like that, and Monday I'm not going to be in school because I'm going to be helping a friend with her cosmetic exam. I'm just gonna go home after that and then bring my things to Anja's the next day after school. Then on Friday I'm staying at my house because it's the weekend and they'll be back on Sunday, anyway. That and I'll have to pack for the week after that one, because I'll be away on a summer sport week with the school that week. I leave at 7:00 in the morning on Monday. How cruel are they?! We have to be there by 6 freakin' 30...Not fun.

Anyway, I'll have to wash my clothes and repack and get everything I need and go shopping and get things ready and blah, blah, blah...So I'll be staying home that weekend. And I wanna be there when my parents get home, because that's always nice. ^^ I can't wait for those two weeks. 1 week with a friend and the next week with all of them. I'll probably be bunking with Pezi, Nati and Anja...So destructive and fun. Haha. I signed up for modern dance (thanks, An...) and beach volleyball (go Pezi!). The only reason I picked dance was because I wanted at least one course with Anja and we were told to pick on outside and one inside course...Well, I certainly hope we'll be dancing inside...haha. You can play beach volleyball inside, but it kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think?

My grades so far:

German - 3
Math - I don't know yet, I still have one more test to take...x/
French - 1
Latin - 3, but I'm doing a portfolio and I have a vocabulary test on Friday this week, so I'm probably gonna get a 2
Geography - I have no idea, actually, but I'm probably around 2/3...He hasn't said anything.
English - 1, duh ^^
Biology - I don't quite know...I have a test on Thursday this week and if I get a good grade on that, I'll probably have a 2...he hasn't said anything, either though so it might be a 3
Gym - 1
Music - I think a 1, but she hasn't said anything either
Art - 1 (that one I know...haha)
History - I'm pretty sure I have a 1, but it could be a 2...
Computer Science - 1 I'm absolutely sure about that one ^^

If you don't know how the austrian grading system works, it goes like this:

1 - A
2 - B
3 - C
4 - D
5 - F

Easy, no? In Germany, there's even a 6...dunno how they do it there, haha.

More music-related news...This afternoon I checked my email and I had an email from Poppy, my grandfather. Apparently, he was listening to a CD called "Cruisin'" by the Alley Cats that I'd given him when I moved to Austria. He liked it so much he wanted to thank me -- Now I want that CD back.

I got that CD in California...I remember it very well, because it was my favorite CD ever. The day I got it, I was at a county fair with a friend of mine and we saw the Alley Cats in concert...I'm telling you, those men...the best A Capella group ever. Anyway, we were part of the small crowd listening to them sing and all of a sudden, they started singing 'Love Potion #9' and they came into the audience and sang to me and my friend...It was so great. One of my favorite California memories...We both bought their CD and I listened to it every night...I'm definitely going to be burning that CD when I go back to America this October...if I remember, that is.

I can still remember what I liked about their group...The distinct noises they made only using their bodies...how they recreated noises you might hear in an actual band with instruments purely with their hands, teeth, feet and various other body parts. It amazed me...I loved it instantly and watching them was a treat for the eyes as well as for the ears. And yes, I'm aware of how stupid and cliché and corny that sounded...haha.

Just watching them perform was amazing, because you got to see how they made the band noises they made. It fascinated me then and it still does today. So I'm definitely going to be asking for that CD.

Anyway, I've rambled on for long enough now...

Ciao!

-- Cassy xD

No comments: